The Final Fantasy 14 Collector’s Edition has officially launched for Windows® PC. The collector’s edition launches over a week in advance of the standard edition of the game which launches Sept. 30. Given all the perks of the collector’s edition, I can’t see why anyone would even wait around for the standard edition. Here’s a rundown of all the goodness that the the collector’s edition brings:
- An exclusive Onion Helm in-game item
- A behind-the-scenes DVD featuring insight from the development team
- A Final Fantasy 14 branded Security Token
- A Final Fantasy 14 branded Travel Journal
- A voucher to receive a personalized right of passage certificate
- A buddy pass to invite a friend to play free for a limited time
- Language support in Japanese, English, French and German
All these perks and more, will enable players to take up arms and embark on an unforgettable journey filled with endless adventures. Players will encounter a vibrant world filled with noble knights and mages, as well as sinister creatures and mysterious foes. Delivering a fresh experience full of all-new areas to discover, as well as innovative combat and questing systems, the latest installment in the FINAL FANTASY series is the MMORPG fans and newcomers have been waiting to explore.
Final Fantasy 14 Collector’s edition is available now for $74.99, and includes one playable character and 30 days of free access. After the free period, the regular 30-day subscription fee will be $12.99. Each additional character will be $3.00 per period, with a maximum of eight playable characters per account. Depending on the service period length selected, service fee discounts can apply.
MAC users, you’re out of luck at the moment. However, The PS3 version of Final Fantasy 14 is currently under development with a scheduled launch of early March 2011.